Sunday, April 19, 2009

trains

Yesterday I went to take a train to the woods in the west of the city, but for some reason there were no trains. As I stood on the platform waiting, I read in the book I had taken with me to read on the train about a woman on a train who said that she would like to look longer at the small, abandoned train stations but the train stopped there for only one or at most two minutes. Actually, there were trains, but not to where I wanted to go and despite the schedule as well as the fact that I had taken these trains many times before at the same time. The passage in the book following the one about the woman on the train was about sheep, but I was too distressed about the missing trains to pay attention. In the end, I ended up taking a train back home, wondering if the cellist would be playing at the station near me. He wasn't.

No comments: